Is oral appliance therapy suitable for everyone for the treatment of OSA?
There are a few conditions where an oral appliance is not suited to a patient for the treatment of OSA.These conditions include if you are:
- diagnosed with central sleep apnea
- have another type of severe respiratory disease
- have loose or missing teeth or suffer advanced periodontal disease
- have restorative needs
- You must also be 18 years of age or older and it may also not be the first choice for person that suffers temporomandibular joint pain (TMJ).
- Your options for treatment should be discussed with your physician or sleep specialist.